Saturday, March 21, 2009

WHAT A PARTY!!!!!!

Last night was our usual stitching night. But my BFF Jill had made some plans and got all of the girls together to celebrate my birthday. Just let me say that they all did a very good job. We haven't all been together for quite awhile so it was a very good time, lots of fun, food and laughter.

Here I am with the balloons that my son-in-law went out and bought for me and the yummy cake that Jill picked up. It was my favorite from Sam's club.

This cake followed a great Taco meal in which all my buds pitched in and brought something for the meal.
Chocolate, my favorite. Also had orange sherbet with chocolate pieces in it.

Here's the haul I made from my friends. The table runner was from Julie--she's very much into quilting right now. Chris and her daughter Cassie gave me the big scissors, which was personalize, being I am such a scissor collector. Jill stitched me some wonderful squares and made me a marking pin/thread counter and gave me a Kelmscott 3" ruler that was on my wish list. Jackie also got my some goodies from Kelmscott off my wish list--the Thread Keeper heart, Thread rings and the 3" ruler plus some Gloves in a bottle lotion, which I love. Cathy gave me the Shepherd's Bush Fob Kit for the Roberta scissors--All is fine in 2009. Then my friend Lori bought me an hour massage, which we did this morning. That was also great and very relaxing. Now I may make a run to the LNS and meet our children tonight for supper at the Texas Roadhouse---another favorite!!!!!

I will have to say that Life is good!!!!

Thank you so much to all of my stitching friends for such a great birthday.



8 comments:

JillMN said...

You are welcome! And you did make a haul! Have a fun rest of the day.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful evening and got lots of goodies. Enjoy!

Daffycat said...

Happy birthday, Joan! Many happy returns!

Maggitle said...

Joan, I wish you also a very happy birthday! You look sooo happy in the picture :) Your friends did a real good job spoiling you for your birthday. You are very lucky to have good friends like that. No wonder, you are a great person!!!

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday! Have a enjoyable day and a wonderful year ahead.

Hugs

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! looks like you had a wonderful day!

Lavendelhaus said...

Happy birthday to you....
Bianca

Denise said...

Love your stuff! Texas Roadhouse happens to be one of my favs too...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm