Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes

I just wanted to thank those who wished me a happy birthday.

I had a pretty good day even though the weather here was terrible and we had to modify our plans. I had originally planned a trip to Rochester, which is about an hour and fifteen minute drive, with my friends Lori and Jill, to go to the Golden Corral for lunch and then to Hobby Lobby and back to our LNS.

Well we had a winter storm and schools were closed in Rochester, and the roads were bad,so we didn't make the trip. Instead we stayed close to home. Did do some damage to the checking account anyway. Made a trip to Joann's and Micheal's, bought a couple sweaters and a pair of pants at CJ Banks, had lunch at Chili's and finally made it to the LNS after most of the bad weather had passed. My DH drove us out to the LNS, which is about 35 miles from us. The roads were better by that time, but it was nice to have a driver. Had a great time with my friend Lori, lots of laughs.

After all that shopping, I ended the evening back at Chili's with my hubby and our daughter Chastity and her boyfriend Ben for a late dinner. All in all I had a great birthday. Plan on some more celebrating with three more of our children tonight with dinner out at one of our favorite spaghetti restaurants.

I did get some fibers and a couple of patterns at the LNS. I bought only one pattern for myself, the others are for exchanges. I also got a really neat storage container. It is working out great for organizing my beading things.















I may have to buy another one sometime to organize other crafts. These were a little pricey, but I got it on sale for half off!!!


So now I am off the doing some more finishing and organizing and I think I will have to do some more shopping with the gift certificate I received from Kelsey to shop at Down Sunshine Lane. I know that there are more projects with my name on them.

Until next time keep stitching.



2 comments:

JillMN said...

Joanus,
Great posting! I like that storage container you got. I'm glad you did get to go to the LNS, I know you really wanted to. I will have to celebrate with you another time. Sounds like the big "D"'s for dinner? Stitch a little today :)
Jill

Julianne said...

Hi Joan,

I just found your blog. Happy belated birthday!

I'll list your blog on mine so that I can visit you again. Have a very Happy Easter.