Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Been a Looong time since a post....

It has been a busy last couple of weeks. The week before Thanksgiving started with our daughter Kelsey and her husband Donncuan arriving home. They arrived on the 17th of November. Then on the 20th our daughter Melissa and her husband Shad and our grandson Jacob arrived.

Here is Jacob and our cat. Now our house is not baby proofed anymore even after six children of our own!! Can you tell by this picture that maybe he's a busy boy:) He spent a week and a half with us, which was great, but this grandma isn't used to so much action. Then the week of Thanksgiving we spend up north at Blue Fin Bay. All except one of our children were there. Our youngest son is in the Marines and was deployed to Africa. So there was 13 of us together for the week of Thanksgiving. It was wonderful to have everyone together and we had a great time. I did some much needed stitching whenever possible.

Here I am stitching with the cat on my lap. We have a theme going with the cat!!! Behind me is the view of Lake Superior. That is the view we woke up to every morning. We have been going up to Blue Fin Thanksgiving week for about 16 years with the exception of one or two years. It is just wonderful up there.

So we have been home a week and I am still trying to get things back to normal. I haven't even been stitching much.

I did receive an exchange yesterday. I am in a private Christmas ornament exchange with 11 other stitchers and this is my month to receive.

Here is the ornament I received from Julianne. She stitched this cute angel from the January 2000 issue of "For the love of Cross Stitch".
Thank you Julianne. Can't wait to see the other ornaments I will receive.

Today I had a "Therapy Day" with my friend Jackie and we finished these ornaments:

Jackie has a disabled son and every year she makes something to give to all of the people who help with Paul, such as teachers and other caregivers. So this year she decided on this Santa ornament from this years Just Cross Stitch Ornament Magazine. Jackie stitched 17 santa's and another friend-- Chris stitched 3 santa's and I stitched one. I did however help with the finishing and with painting the snowflakes. We finished 21 Santa's today.

A couple of weeks ago during another "Therapy Day" we painted all of these snowflakes, which I believe was 31:
It took us much longer to paint these then it did to finish them.
We had a good time today between finishing ornaments, having lunch delivered to us (Thanks Jackie and Davanni's ) and talking and laughing. Can't wait until the next "Therapy Day". We try to have one of those day's a month. Gives us something to live for.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving week and all is well with you.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time Happy Stitching.


4 comments:

JillMN said...

Kitty-cat is getting to be a regular! And Jacob, you can just see the P&V in him in that picture. He is still cute though!

Cindy F. said...

So nice you got to spend time with your family. I hope your youngest son will be safely home soon:) The angel ornie is so pretty and those santa ornies are just wonderful!!
GOOD JOB!

Maggitle said...

I just love the way your handsome grandson looks. I bet he is lots of fun! ;) Seems that you are always very busy with all your beautiful stitching. Will you show a picture of the RR (I guess) that you are working on? ;) If you do not know what to do with it, you have my address *BIGSMILE*. Just kidding!!!
Hugs, Margit

Sonda said...

Wow! That is a great bunch of ornaments. Cute kitty cat and cute grandson!