Sunday, January 9, 2011

2010 clean up and 2011 finishes

Well I have a couple of 2010 housekeeping items to post.

First is the Christmas Fair and Square I received from Jenna A.

She stitched me French Country Star by JBW Designs from the 2010 JCS ornament issue. I wanted to stitch this design myself and now I won't have to:)

Thank you Jenna.

Now on to the rest of my 2010 stitching finishes.
This is LHN's Alphabet Rhyme. I stitched it on 28 count with the threads called for in the pattern.
I stitched this freebie from The Sampler Girl. It was done on 40 count flax stitched over two with one strand of Sampler Threads. I just used various colors I had.


These two designs are from Midsummer Night Designs. The first one is from the 2010 July/August JCS magazine. It is called I love Reindeer. It was stitched on 32 count with DMC threads. The second one is I Love Christmas from the 2010 JCS ornament magazine also stitched on 32 count with DMC threads.

Another freebie, this one is from Plum Street Samplers called Adore Him. It was stitched on 32 count expresso over two threads with various overdyed threads from my stash.


I stitched this Lizzie Kate kit--Fa La La on 30 count northern cross over two with DMC threads.
I have the perfect fabric to go with this design and I think I will be making a pillow.

On to my 2011 stitching so far.
I really would like to do some more Christmas ornaments so I started out with this one from Primrose Needleworks called Windows of Faith, Hope and Peace. I stitched it on 32 count antique white with two strands of Blue Jay Sampler Thread.


I also finished this Cherished Stitches piece called Sweet Land of Liberty. I stitched it on 32 count cream with DMC variations 4210 and 4240 and DMC 729.
I had a mini retreat this weekend at my house. There are seven of us that try to get together on Friday nights to stitch and so at one time or another this weekend we all were here. On Friday night their were five of us and then on Saturday six of us were here. Jill stayed the whole weekend and we got a lot of stitching done.

Now I need to have a finishing day!!

7 comments:

Karen said...

What great finishes! You have certainly been busy during the holidays and after. glad yo had a good stitching weekend!

Theresa said...

All your finishes are awesome!!! I love them all~ Thanks for sharing~

Lesleyanne said...

All of your finishes are gorgeous. I love them all.

Kathy A. said...

That is a lovely collection of Christmas ornaments. You will have a wonderful display for your tree.
Oh, a stitching weekend. Lucky you!

BrendaS said...

What beautiful finishes! I really like the Sweet Liberty piece.

Glad you had a good time with your stitching friends.

Michele said...

love love love all your finishes!!!

Karen said...

lots of great finishes Joan! i espeically like the Land that i Love piece. It's on my to buy list this year. :)