Monday, June 27, 2011

Shop Project Happy Dance

Today I finished Maria Tilley by Needlework Press. This is a shop model for The Country Sampler in Spring Green, Wisconsin. This is the fourth model I have stitched for them this year. I started this sampler on May 5th and finished it up today. I have been doing the Happy Dance since I finished. I enjoyed stitching this sampler and may even stitch one up for myself someday. Now I can get back to stitch some of the many projects I have in my stash.



Then yesterday I was in the mood to do some fabric dying and baking.

Here are the results. On the left is some 28 count coffee and tea dyed and baked. The middle piece is just coffee dyed and baked and the piece on the right is tea dyed and baked. I really like how they turned out. Can't wait to stitch on them.



Then I decided to dye some 32 count miracle mint. It is the piece in the middle. So on the left is a piece that I tea dyed and baked and the one on the right is coffee dyed and baked. I have quite a large piece of this linen so I thought I would try to dyed some of it to make it a more neutral color. I think it turned out well.



In fact I dyed this piece of miracle mint to stitch Holy Moses on by Silver Creek Samplers. Since I needed such a big piece of linen(12 x 42 inches on 32 count) and I had enough of the miracle mint I thought it would be a good idea to try to use it. I like the color and can't wait to start it.

Thanks for stopping by.


10 comments:

Yvonne..... said...

I would love to know your "recipe" for tea and coffee dying. Mine only comes out a little tinted. I have some fabric that has a pink tint that I would love to try and get more brown. Any suggestions?

Berit said...

Awesome! I especially love the "neutralization" of the miracle mint! :o

That long piece is going to be fabulous. :D

Lesleyanne said...

I love your shop finish. Great dying - all your fabric looks great.

Patty C. said...

Love the dyed fabrics ;)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wonderful job on Maria Tilley! I love that sampler and it's on my to do list.

Great job with the fabric!

Cristina said...

I love your Maria Tilley.
I love the dyed fabrics but I don't know how to do it - yours look very good

Kathy A. said...

Lovely finish.
and you hand dyed fabrics - absolutely gorgeous. You are indeed brave to tackle something like that.

Valerie said...

I just found your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. I am now a follower!

Congrats on your finish...what a great piece!

You truly are gifted at dyeing linen...what beautiful results!

~*Sharee*~ said...

I've never "baked" my material; how exactly do you do that hun?? You have my interest now. LOL Great material...

Hugs, Shar

WendyJo said...

A beautiful finish for the Country Sampler Joan. Very pretty.

I really enjoyed seeing your dyed fabric. I need to give that "baking" a try. I really love rit dying chenille...I just need to give fabric dying and baking a try now!