Jill (Purple Peacock) and I decided to do some thread dying. Now we did do some thread dying about a month or so ago but wanted to do it again with another method Jill had found on Calico Rabbits blog.
Here are some of our threads pre-dying.
Here of course are some of our dyes.
Need those pans. Also had some cups but I didn't get any pictures of them.
Here is our drying process. Gotta love the sun:)
I am going to be doing BBD Mother's Gardens so I bought all of the DMC's and dyed them. I bought 3 skeins of each color--maybe a little over kill but then I know I will have enough. I am so excited in how they turned out and can't wait to stitch with them. Also notice our wonderful tags. Thanks to Jill, she did all the work on them. They are a very nice touch.
These are some other threads I dyed. I really tried to get some variation in the threads. It is a guessing game, but the more you dye the more you learn.
The next few photo's are some close ups of the threads. I am hoping that you will be able to see some of the variations in the dying. I am not to good at photography.
Here are some threads that I want to redo. I would like them to have some more variance in them. As I said before it's a guessing game. So I will try some different dyes.
I also think that when I do my dying from now on I will choose my projects and then dye the threads. Although you do need to practice so sometimes doing random threads is good.
Well I had a great day with Jill and I love the results!!!