Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Meet Barbara and a finishing frenzy

I was at my JoAnn's store today with a friend and we came across a new Gingher Designer series scissors:)


This scissors name is Barbara.  I was happy of course to score these!  It seems like JoAnn's does not carry as many of these designer scissors as they used to.  There where only 3 eight inch scissors and 2 four inch scissors.  I assume that there was 3 four inch scissors too. JoAnn's use to get at least 6 of each size but that number seems to have dwindled.

This Blackbird Design stitch is Give Thanks Sewing Box. 
This was stitched on 30 count coffee dyed linen using DMC.
Started 10-17-2014
Finished 10-21-2014

I painted a paper mache box amd mounted the piece on top.  I trimmed the edge with some coffee dyed chenille trim.  I really liked how it turned out.  This piece was suppose to be mounted on a Lone Elm Lane wooden box, which I would love to have but I went with a little more cost effective way of a finish.  Someday though I think I will buy a Lone Elm Box!!
This is one of the things I finished yesterday.


Then I got on a roll with finishing.  I stitched these two ornies last year.  They were just waiting to be finished.  So now I have an ornie for two of our grown children.


Thses two ornies are for our Granddaughters.  I stitched them earlier this year.
This is a Little House Needleworks design--Happy Hearts stitched on 32 count Cameo Rose with DMC threads.
Both were stitched back in January.


I stitched these ornies for 3 of the 4 of our Grandsons.
Lizzie Kate-Tiny Tiding XIX stitched on 32 count tea baked linen with DMC.
I stitched two of these in August and one in October.

Since this will be Grandson number 4's first Christmas I stitched up this cute little bonnet ornie.
I stitched this ornie for our youngest son and he is now 26!!!!  Where did that time go?
So I have stitched this for each of our grandkids for their first Christmas.

This is just another view. 

 And here is the back of the bonnet.  Sorry about the picture.  I am just not very good at picture taking.  Should take a class on that!!
I decided to stitch one ornie for each of our grandkids every year.  I should have really thought about that because now we have 6 grandkids and I am sure we will have more since 3 out of our 6 children haven't had amy children yet.  Someday I maybe spending all my time just stitching ornies!!!
Well at least I have all my ornies done for this year and I am thankful for that.

I just finished stitching this piece on Monday and started the finishing process but ran out of time to get it done.
With Thy Needle and Thread--House of Blues and Browns stitched on 32 count Natural with Sampler Threads.

Well Folks that's it for now.
Thanks for stopping by.



6 comments:

Sandra said...

Your sewing box looks amazing and I love the chenille trim. Great job.

Marilyn said...

You've been busy!
The box is beautiful.
Well, everything is.
The ornaments and bonnet especially.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Many things checked off your list!! I have one son's ornament to finish stitching yet.

Melody said...

Lovely stitching. How nice to have the ornaments done already.

diamondc said...

Joan: Love the bonnet it is adorable.
Lovely stitches and finishings.

Happy Thanksgiving
Catherine

Brenda A said...

What a lucky find in the ginghers! I've actually only seen them sold once at JoAnn's and I bought them. I can't remember their name, but they are green & white. I asked last time I was there if they carried them but the people didn't know what I was talking about so I'm guessing that was a no! :)