Thursday, July 16, 2015

Finishes, Finishes and more Finishes

I can not believe how much stuff I have stitched and finished.  I have been looking back in my book I record my stitching finishes in and at pictures on my camera and I am over whelmed with how much I have not posted.

I really have this blog to keep some kind of log of what I have done but it is only as good as the posts I do, which I am not good at keeping up on.

So with that being said I am going to try to get some finishes logged in.
Here we go.

Here is a picture of the finishes I did over the weekend.


 Heartstring Samplery--For Spacious Skies.
Stitched on 40 count Lt. Sand with DMC threads.
Started 6-29-2015 Finished 7-3-2015

BBD-Honeycomb Basket from the book In Friendship's Way.
Stitched on 32 count with over dyed threads.
Started and Finished 3-19-2015
I stitched this when I was in the Outer Banks with my friend Stacy.
My hubby spray painted the basket for me and even pulled the paint off the 
shiny stones for me.

 BBD- Down in the Valley.
Stitched on 32 count cream with DMC threads.
Started 3-29-2015 Finished 3-30-2015
My hubby spray painted the candlestick and distressed it for me too.
I love the way it turned out. 

 BBD-My Pink Rose.
Stitched on 32 count Petit Point natural/white dot linen with DMC threads.
Started 3-15-2015 Finished 3-19-2015

 Silver Creek Samplers-Stitching Feeds my Heart.
Stitched on 25 count cream with DMC threads.
One over one.
Finished 7-5-2015

 Milady's Needle--My Spirits lift whenever I stitch.
Stitched on 40 count Vintage Buttercream with Gloriana Silks.
Started 7-5-2015 Finished 7-7-2015


 Plum Street Sampler--Serial Bowl Collection Lesson One.
Stitched on 36 count linen I dyed with over dyed threads in kit.
Started 3-22-2015 Finished 3-29-2015 

 Lizzie Kate--Be Silly.
Stitched in 32 count linen I dyed with DMC threads.
Started 3-30-2015 Finished 3-31-2015


BBD-Button Box from the book In Friendship's Way.
Stitched on 32 count linen I dyed with DMC.
Finished 6-17-2015

 Threadwork Primitives-Winters Kaleidoscope.
Prim Sister's Club kit.
Stitched on 32 count Cocoa with CC threads.
Started 3-19-2015 Finished 3-22-2015

 Threadwork Primitives--Friendship Flower.
Prim Sister's Club piece.
Stitched on 32 count WDW Putty linen with threads from kit.
Started and Finished 7-8-2015

This finish was not in the first pictures with all the rest.


I also stitched this piece called Mount Vernon. 
Stitched on 28 count white with DMC thread.
Started 6-20-2015 Finished 6-30-2015
 I stitched it for my friend Stacy.
I first met her in March and we met up again in June when I drove to Chesapeake, Virginia
with our daughter Chastity when she moved out there.   I went to Washington, DC to meet up with my hubby and  spend sometime with some of our children on a family vacation.  So while I was so close I hooked up with Stacy and we went to tour Mount Vernon. Stacy had a "Big" birthday this year I told her I would stitch a big project of her choice for her birthday and this was it.


Ok, I think that is it for right now.  I still have a couple of framed pieces to post hopefully in a few days.  I nay even unearth some other pieces I haven't posted yet.

Hope everyone is having a great week and staying cool.
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow, that's a good bunch of finishes.
You've been busy!
You've done a great job on all of them.
I think my favorite is the BB Button Box.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Such a gorgeous collection of pieces you have done! I love Lady Liberty the most.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow! What a stunning lot of finished finishes! Who is the designer of the Mount Vernon piece? Way to go!

Robin in Virginia

diamondc said...

Hi Joan: Your finishes are wonderful, you do such lovely work.

Blessings
Catherine

Karen said...

What beautiful finishes. You have been very busy. Happy stitching...

Evelyne said...

Wonderful stitching and finish!!
I love the finish of Lady Liberty .
Unfortunately that the pattern is OOP!!!!!