Friday, May 27, 2016

Patriotic Finishes...

I have been quite busy with stitching and finishing.  
Here are just a couple of my most recent Finishes.

 La-D-Da--I pledge stitched on 28 count antique ivory with DMC threads.
I have had this in my stash for a long time.  It was a quick stitch.  I had this old frame in my 
stash.  It needed a little bit of love to fix it as it was a very loose frame.  Thank goodness
that I have a hubby who is very handy as he fixed it right up.  I think this frame was perfect.
Started 5-8-2016
Finished 5-15-2016
 Next is Plum Street Samplers- Betsy's Tart.  Now I saw this idea on FB.  Reflections Framing and Stitching shop in Papillion, Nebraska took this clock from Hobby Lobby and sprayed it and changed up the thread colors.  So I did go out and buy the clock and my hubby sprayed it for me and I used DMC threads to stitch it.  I love this idea and the way it turned out.
Started 5-18-2016
Finished 5-20-2016

Lastly I stitched Plum Street Samplers-John and Abigail.
This was stitched on 32 count linen I coffee dyed with DMC.
I just finished it into a pillow today.
Started 5-21-2016
Finished 5-26-2016

I have been finishing a lot of stitching projects that have been in totes for a long time.
I hope to post a picture of all the things I have been finishing.

Have a safe and fun Memorial weekend, remember all those who have served and died for us to enjoy our freedom.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous finishes you shared! I really like the round finish. Hmmm, need to see if I can find that clock! Have a wonderful weekend!

Marilyn said...

Great finishes!
You've been busy!
Have a great memorial weekend.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Special finishes. Especial the Betsy's Tart. I really like John and Abigail.

diamondc said...

Joan: Wonderful designs and finish's.

Blessings
Catherine