Wednesday, July 27, 2016

County Fair Results and Patriotic Basket

Here are the results of the pieces I took to the Ramsey County Fair.



This is Quaker Rose by Stickideen Von der Wiehenburg which took 1st place,

The next two are I pledge by La D Da, and Free and Brave by Drawn Thread.

Shepherd's Bush Stocking and a Little House Needlework ornie.

Here are Betsy's tart by Plum Street Samplers and another LHN piece called with Liberty and Justice that I made into a pillow.

So all in all I entered 7 pieces, won five 1st place ribbons and two 2nd place ribbons.
Not to bad.  Now I am off to another county fair next week.


My friend Jackie and I stitched this pattern by Manni Di Donna called Patriotic Days.
Then yesterday we finished them into these baskets.  They turned out so cute.


My basket is the one with the blue lining and Jackie's is of course the other one.
Now we have a fob and floss tag to finish which goes with these baskets.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stitching.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

OMG!
Congrats on your winnings!!
They are all great pieces.
I especially like the Rose Quaker.
Great job.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Fantastic! So many beautiful pieces. Now the baskets are done up so sweetly as well.

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go on your blue and red ribbon entries! Your baskets turned out great. Well done!

PNLima said...

It looks wonderful and how proud you must feel to see your work appreciated like that!
The baskets are perfect!
A stitcher from Portugal
Paula Lima
http://pontoaquipontoacola.blogspot.pt/

sheravery said...

Oh, my! I don't know where to begin here. Such an array of total eye candy. Your work is just perfect. I love, love, LOVE your finish on Betsy's Tart. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that 'frame' to do the finishing? It is wonderful!! Can't wait to see your next installment :>) !!

-Sherry-

tonyamay said...

WOW, you racked up! I'm just hoping for an honorable mention. haha I bet they don't even give those.