Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time for a quick update

I received this lovely Needle Roll from Aniza the other day and I have been so busy I am just getting around to posting it. Aniza so sent me some fibers with this exchange. Thank you Aniza, so much for this exchange.

I have not been able to stitch to much recently as I have been busy with trying to spend sometime with our youngest son. He is in the Marine Corps Reserves and he is being deployed to Djibouti, Africa, so he was home for 10 days. We put him on the plane yesterday for Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. Word today is they we be leaving tomorrow for Africa. So while he was home we did some family things. After taking our son to the airport my DH took me to me LNS, and to Joann's and Michaels and then we topped off the evening with dinner at Texas Roadhouse. That place is one of my favorite places to eat and it is way on the other side of the cities, so we don't get to go there much. So we had a great evening out.

Now I have this next week off from work and hopefully I will be getting a lot done at home and with my stitching. I have been mostly stitching on exchanges when I do stitch and now I have some finishing to do.

I hope all is well with everyone and you are having a great weekend.

Happy Stitching!


4 comments:

staci said...

Very pretty needleroll. I'm glad that you were able to spend some time with your son, best wishes to him.

Julianne said...

Hi Joan,

It's good to see a post from you. Best wishes to your son. It sounds like you and your DH had a great day together.

Have a nice week.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Nice needleroll, and the shopping sounds like fun but I am sure none of it really kept your mind off your son. Happy Stitching and with each stitch a prayer, CJ(ok;-)

Coni said...

God Speed to your good son. My happiest thoughts and prayers of thanks are with you and your family. Kiss Kiss.