Saturday, July 25, 2009

Finishing Update

I didn't have to work during the week, so I did some finishing.
Here is the Quaker pattern Margit stitched for me. I made it into a long pillow. I just love how it turned out. The fabric in the background is what I used on the back of the pillow. Thank you again Margit.

Then I finished my 4th of July Fair and Square into this pin keep. Sorry about the dark picture. This square was done by Bridget. Thank you Bridget.
My hubby and I went to a couple of garage sales and I found this flower frog for ten cents, and I found the bottom for fifty cents. Now I have a scissor frog here in Aberdeen for sixty cents.
We looked at this cabinet on Friday at an estate sale and I thought it would make a nice cabinet for all of my stitching smalls. They wanted $20 for it, well I didn't buy it but my dear hubby went back there today and got it for half price!!! I can't wait to get some stitching goodies in there. I needed something for my stitching smalls in my home away from home.

So there is a small update from Aberdeen. Thanks for stopping by.
And as my hubby says were living the dream in Aberdeen!!!!


12 comments:

Jill said...

After all the grief you gave David this morning about getting up early to go garage sale-ing, he comes home with a cabinet for you. You are spoiled! I love that pillow that Margit stitched. Very nice! And a flower frog for 60 cents! You sure can't beat that. Can't wait for retreat.

Cole said...

What great finishes, and good deals too!

Suzanne said...

You finished these two pieces beautifully. I love the cabinet, it will be really neat for storing all your finishes safely.

Margit said...

That's funny because I had a long pillow in my mind when I stitched it for you. You did a gorgeous finish! I also love your flower frog and that price is GREAT!

Cathy B said...

You had a productive week! Love both of your finishes! Glad you have a cabinet to display your Aberdeen smalls. I think you better go buy David some ice cream!

Karen said...

gorgeous finishes! A flower frog for 60cents, WOW!!! that's a smoking deal, they aren't cheap at the antique shops here.
what a hubby, went back and got the cabinet for you! can't wait to see some finishes in it!

Sherry said...

I need to do some finishing too! You did a wonderful job!

Andrea said...

Great finishing and a sweet little cabinet.

Cindy F. said...

Joan, you do a fabulous job on your finishes!! These are beautiful!
And OMG!! what a sweet deal on your flower frog!! and that gorgeous cabinet!! I love those kind of finds!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your finishing skills are just wonderful! Both the pillow and pinkeep look great! Wow what a deal on that scissor frog, I've got to find one for myself!

Melissa G said...

I guess I need to get a flower frog, huh??? I don't even know what they are, but they're cute! Emily Kate sends her kisses, too...love you!

Brigitte said...

Your week off work was a very porductive week. I love your finishes, they look so beautiful. And I can easily imagine that cabinet filled with beautiful smalls. That will look gorgeous.