Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Fling Retreat 2012 and Happy Dance


I just arrived back home from this year's Spring Fling Retreat.  The teacher at this retreat was Thea Dueck from The Victoria Sampler. 


Here she is either on Friday night or Saturday morning.  I just can't remember which day--bad memory caused by a retreat and food hangover I'm sure:) 



This is the group of girls that were at my stitching table.  Chris, Joyce, Vicki and Cathy B.  It was a good group of girls. 


These are some of the goodies we received from Stitchville, our LNS and sponsor of this retreat.

 

Here is a little giftie Cathy B made for all us girls.  A very cute needle holder. 
Thanks again Cathy.




On Friday night we received a kit from Thea to make our own name tags.  Thea designed these for our Spring Fling Retreat.  We had a basic design and then could "freelance" some of our own ideas on our name tag.  Here are some of the name tags that were finished. 





This is my project all stitched up pre-finishing. 



Another view of my project.





This is where the Happy Dance part comes in.  My finished project.  I must tell you I stitched and finished this project kicking and screaming!!!!  More on the stitching part as I felt this was a very putzy stitch for me.  But I am so glad I stuck with it and finished it because it is just lovely.  I even had some wooden spools of thread from my grandma's stitching basket to put on the base.  Doing this project opened up some new stitches and ribbon embroidery for me.  It broadened my horizons--which is a good thing.   

Thea and I.
 She came around to each of us and visited with us and even asked us questions on this project.  It was nice to have her tell us how well we did on our projects. 



 Thea took time to sign our books which was very nice.  It was great to get to meet and talk with Thea.  I felt like I have made a new friend:)



 
These are all of the projects that were finished this weekend.  We had about 53 people at this retreat.  People were at different stages in their stitching and finishing. 



 One last view of our stitching room.  

I had a very good time at retreat.  It seems like the time went so fast.  
Can't wait until next year's Spring Fling. 



12 comments:

Julie M said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Love the project! Retreats are the best!

diamondc said...

Joan: Great pictures, it was so much fun seeing you again.
Catherine

~*Sharee*~ said...

I'm so jealous hun; simply beautiful...

Hugs, Shar

Deb said...

Some wonderful pictures and I'm so jealous. I would love to make that project!! Truly a beautiful piece. I know that you had a great time.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great time! I'm impressed with how many gals nearly finished their project! It is a beautiful piece!

Christine said...

Wow - Your finished piece is simply beautiful! What a great retreat!

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time. Great projects.

Chris said...

It looks like a fabulous retreat.
Congratulations on the finish :)

Edgar said...

What a great time it sounds like you all had!! - and - what a super de duper finish!!!! Just lovely!

Katrina said...

Looks like a fun retreat!!!! Glad you had such a nice weekend :-).

Von said...

Joan, I'm sooo glad you were able to go to the retreat with Thea!! She's such an encourager, always ready with praise and help. That's a project you'll always cherish. :)

WendyJo said...

What a wonderful retreat Joan and I just LOVE the project, absolutely stunning!!! I love all your other goodies too!! :)