Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall in Minnesota, some WIP's and another bad habit!!

First off I thought I would show a tree that is in our backyard.  This fall has been pretty nice but windy.
As the trees are turning color we really have a beautiful one right off our deck.

 This is a view right out our sliding glass door.

 Next up is a WIP.  This is Primitive Traditions--Quaker Pocket Needfuls-A Petite Huswif.  I think I started this about 2-3 years ago.  I had the bottom motif done.  I picked it up again on 10-11-2014 and finished it on 10-17-2014.  It really stitched up quick not sure why it sat so long.  It was stitched on 40 count fawn with Belle Soie.  Now I need to get the finishing done.
I have been trying to finish some of my WIP's!!! It's especially hard when I would like to start something new.


Speaking of which, I had this piece in my to do pile and decided to treat myself for getting a WIP finished!!  This is Blackbird Designs--Give Thanks Sewing box top.  
Stitched on 30 count coffee dyed linen with DMC.
Started 10-17-2014
Finished 10-21-2014

Now for the bad habit.  I went to a small Quilt show that was about 2 blocks from my house at the Junior High School.  One of the vendors there was a wool designer--One Wing Wool.
She had some really cute designs.  I have been wanting to try some wool fun and saw this cute owl and since one of my daughters collects owls I thought I would try my hand at this.  Here is the end result a really cute pin pillow.  I walked out of that little shop $53 lighter.  Now did I need another bad habit-NO, but I really enjoyed this new hobby:)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a great week.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful tree.
I think this Fall is one of the most colorful in a long time.
Both projects are so pretty.
Cute Owl!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

What lovely seasonal pieces. The owl is so sweet.