Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bittersweet September

Because I finished Holy Moses--a WIP, I decided to reward myself with a new start.
So I pulled out my Ladies Prim Society kit I received last month.
I finished the stitching on it Friday night and yesterday I sewed it into this pillow.
This is a Blackbird Design and it was a quick and fun stitch.  

Here is the result.
Bittersweet September by Blackbird Designs.
Stitched by 32 count Korty's Special Blend with Sampler Threads 
provided in the kit.
Started 10-8-2013
Finished 10-12-2013

 Here is a view of the side on which I attached the ric-rac.
It adds a nice touch.

 This is the backing fabric provided in the kit.  I think this fabric is from Blackbird Designs newest fabric collection called Natures Basket.

Now I pulled WIP--Patches of Life.  I started this awhile ago.
I really NEED to get some of my WIPs finished so I am going to try
to stay on task and finished this and then maybe reward myself again
with a new start!!!
We will see how that goes:)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.


6 comments:

valerie said...

Pretty finish! Love the backing fabric! Your wip is really coming along!

Lois said...

Love your finish! Perfect for autumn. What a nice WIP too!!!

marly said...

Love that finish! Really nice.

Diana said...

Great finish! I am also working on this design. Just wondering how you attached the ric rac?

Marilyn said...

Great finish, love the Fall colors on this one.
Nice WIP also.
Marilyn

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Your BBD finish is adorable! That sounds like a great plan - finish one, start a new. Patches of Life looks well on its way, and a very nice design.